RESOURCES / RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
It’s time to move to the next phase! Valor Soccer is excited about getting back to full team training and playing matches! As we do in this unique situation, it’s important to do it the right way, with the top PRIORITY remaining SAFETY . Our club plans to fully align with the guidelines put forth by the State of Washington and Washington Youth Soccer.
► CLICK HERE to visit the Washington Youth Soccer website.
► CLICK HERE to visit the Washington State's COVID-19 Response website.
Both the State of Washington and Washington Youth Soccer reserve the right to ‘pause’ this phase or even revert to a more limited phase should cases of the virus rise above acceptable levels. All members of Valor Soccer must strive to do our best to abide by the entire protocol!
RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
[FULL TRAINING + MATCHES]
MOST IMPORTANT POLICIES CARRIED OVER (WITH MODIFICATIONS) FROM PREVIOUS PHASE:
● No player, coach or parent should attend a session or match if they are a close contact of someone who has been diagnosed with the virus or are personally feeling the least bit ill, have a cough of any kind or have a family member who is currently sick.
● All people should remain 6 feet away from ALL other people at ALL times, aside from when players are actively training and playing in matches).
● Players and coaches must refrain from physical contact such as high fives, handshakes, huddles and hugs. All team pre-match, halftime and post-match gatherings should be properly distanced.
● Players should wear a mask to and from the field and while on the bench during matches. Players are not required to wear masks during training sessions, match warm-ups or while playing in a match. Coaches must wear a mask at all times.
● Car pools are highly discouraged. Players should travel to training and matches with family members only.
● For liability reasons, no player can attend any training session or match if their parent has not fully completed the online player registration process or the player is not a full-fledged member of a Valor team.
ADDITIONAL POLICIES AND PROTOCOL APPLIED TO THE FULL TRAINING + MATCH PHASE:
● Players should arrive for matches no earlier than thirty (30) minutes before the start time.
● Teams are not allowed to enter the field area until teams from a previous match have departed in full.
● Teams will stage themselves in expanded technical areas on opposite sides of the field with players and coaches using one half of the sideline and spectators using the other (all distanced by at least six feet).
● Only ONE (1) parent or guardian for each player under age 18 will be allowed to attend matches as a spectator and must wear a mask at all times and stay a minimum of ten (10) feet away from the field at all times. No spectators are allowed for any player who is 18 years old.
● Referees are not required to wear masks while actively officiating a match.
● Parents of Valor players must remain ‘off the field’ (usually behind a fence) at all times if observing a training session and should stay properly socially distanced (six feet) from all others at all times.
● Canopies without ‘walls’ are permitted at matches but ‘closed’ tents (shells) are not.
● There will be no forfeiture fees for last minute match cancelations due to virus issues.